pop-up content starts
pop-up content ends

Getting help from someone who is not a registered migration agent

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​There are rules about who can help you with immigration assistance. Make sure the person who is helping you is a registered migration agent, a legal practitioner or is on the list of people who are allowed to help you ​(an exempt person).​​​

Some people who are not registered migration agents or legal practitioners, like close family members, can help you with your visa application. These people are called ‘exempt persons’ and they must not charge you for their help. ​A list of exempt persons is below.​