Office of the Migration Agents Registration Authority

Consumer bodies

States and territories with special tribunals

Some states and territories have special tribunals for settling consumer disputes. You usually lodge your application in the state or territory in which you signed your service agreement with your agent.

These tribunals have the power to order an agent to make a refund. These orders can be enforced in local courts.

States and territories without special tribunals

Some states and territories do not have separate special tribunals with the power to settle consumer disputes. If you entered into a service agreement with your agent in one of these states or territories, you need to apply to the Magistrates Court to seek an order for a refund.

Courts that hear disputes between consumers and registered migration agents are:

Fee disputes
Complaint outcomes
Make a complaint about an agent