About being an agent
At 30 June 2018, 7402 migration agents were registered in Australia, an increase of 5.65 per cent over a 12-month period.
Registered migration agent profile (2017–18)
- 40 per cent operated in a business as a sole trader
- 30 per cent (2223) held a legal practising certificate;
- Of the 521 agents who were registered as not-for-profit, 77 per cent held a legal practising certificate
- 75 per cent had never had a complaint made against them
- 48 per cent were female and 52 per cent male
- the average age was 44 years.
The geographic distribution of agents is shown on this map of Australia.